In the seventh episode of Marketing To Go the author Steven Sonsino is my guest. He started off as a ghostwriter, and since then he has written a great number of books on different subjects.
Listen to him talk about:
- how to write a good book
- how a good book becomes profitable if you set it up to be that
- how you actually embark upon your first book
- why the title is absolutely crucial – and how one good title secured him an income for five years
- loads of tips on creating a really good title
- the best way to publish your book
- how your book can build up your audience as you write it
- the power of a book as opposed to something like an article or a blog
- how you can be successful with lectures, mentoring and other things as a result of your book, even if you are an introvert
- why he advises new authors to make their own podcasts
- the three questions you should always ask when writing something
- why you should persevere with writing new books
The author as an agent of change
Steven Sonsino is filled with boundless enthusiasm on the dissemination of knowledge and he sees an author as one who is capable of gathering, disseminating and sharing knowledge wherever there is call for it. To him a good book is a book that transforms people. That is why he sees authors as agents of change.
Find your idea
If you have a good idea or a good story, you also possess the potential for a good book, according to Steven Sonsino. Wherever there are new ideas there is something to write about. The main thing is to find the idea, not forgetting an idea which others, that is your audience, will also find interesting.
Steven Sonsino is still receiving income from his second textbook that he wrote 30 years ago.
Listen to how this can be done here…