Looking for a few tools to attract more visitors to your website – without compromising your principles or resorting to SPAM? Try one of the following options.
1. Focus on creating content. Good content sells itself. If you invest time in building and promoting your website content, it will naturally result in more traffic through references.
2. Offer social sharing on your website. Don’t assume that your readers will take it upon themselves to share your content. Instead, make it easy for your website to get more visitors from social media by adding social sharing buttons to your company’s blog posts.
3. Answer questions on social media. When you see people ask questions online, give them all the useful information you can. Doing so will give you both web traffic and customers for life.
4. Issue press releases with real content. Don’t abuse services that distribute press releases to announce trivial matters; instead, benefit from the flow of traffic you get when you actually have something noteworthy to share.
5. Use search engine optimisation responsibly. Don’t over-optimise your website. Find a natural level, where you emphasise what you have to offer – neither more nor less – to let search engines know where they should position your website in the natural search results.
6. Invest in your own blog. By consistently posting articles of high value to readers, you foster a relationship with them, which results in visitors who regularly check back to read your latest posts.
7. Create a newsletter that resonates. When readers find valuable newsletters, they have a tendency to share them with others. If the effect of your newsletter has not been anything to write home about, making improvements to it could result in significantly more traffic via recommendations.
8. Release a useful podcast. Just as with newsletters, a regular high-quality podcast production will increase the number of referred visitors while, at the same time, you reach new visitors through this medium.
9. Use graphics. Informative graphics are shared more often than most other types of content. In campaigns for more traffic, an infographic is perfect for quickly drawing attention to what it is you can offer.
10. Start your own video channel on YouTube. YouTube is one of the Internet’s biggest search engines, making it a fantastic way to introduce your brand to new target groups. As an added bonus, your videos will appear in Google’s search results, resulting in even more traffic.
11. Ask your visitors to share your website with others. Just encouraging your readers to forward your articles to others or to share them on their social media can quickly increase the number of page views.
12. Guest-author articles on well-known websites. Ask other websites in your industry if you can write articles for their blogs. Having your voice aired generates not only a lot of traffic – it is also a good way to build your image as an expert.
13. Network with influential people in your niche. If an authority in your field shares just one of your articles, it can result in enormous amounts of new traffic, subscribers and buyers – so make relationship-building a central part of your company’s marketing strategy.
14. Be aware of new, up and coming social media outlets. New outlets are constantly popping up, and there can be substantial advantages in establishing a presence on these websites early on.
15. Eliminate errors on your website. If the search engines are not able to index your website properly – which can be caused by a number of different errors – you won’t get all of the search traffic you could have had. Check Google’s Search Console for information on common problems.
16. Give something extra to your customers. If we look at the word-of-mouth method with respect to traffic, nothing beats delivery that goes over and beyond. When you set the bar high in your field, customers will recommend you to others – which results in more traffic and a stronger brand.
17. Interview experts in your field. People love to listen to experts, so if you can find one to interview and publish the interview on your website, you will benefit from a huge wave of traffic from the expert’s own established audience.
18. Comment on others’ blogs/websites. Leaving valuable comments on others’ blogs/websites can be a great way to pave the way for traffic back to your own website. Just make sure to say more than simply “Great post!” in your comment.